Monday, February 14, 2011

My time of the day

No matter what kind of a day it's been, when the sun starts setting, the sky becomes an odd orange-ish blue and the sun becomes this odd flood light hitting everything at this odd angle- it always makes me smile. 

It happens around 4-5ish everyday (depending on which part of the year it is) and I've always wondered why, just looking at everything around me- the trees, cars, people, dogs on the street, everything- gives me this funny, happy feeling that only brilliant rom-coms, Bublè/Legend music, or a super-mush book is capable of. The songs on the radio become background music to the rush of over-optimistic, almost movie-like thoughts in my mind. The photographer inside me comes alive, and I wish my eyes were fitted with a DSLR, or that I could just jump out of my car and walk. Smile, sing, and walk. 

I've never understood why just the way the sun hits things around me, can make me so purely happy. Maybe it's because the time of the day reminds of the days in school when 4 o'clock used to be time to go out and play. Maybe it's about how picturesque everything looks. Or maybe just because that's usually how it looks when the heroine, in most rom-coms, has realized what the right thing to do is/who her dream man is/she's in LOVE and walks smiling away to glory on a sidewalk. I'm yet to figure out what exactly it is, but who minds random spurts of caramel-y happiness :)

6 comments:

  1. Love your Happy-ness! I shall be ur arch enemy with my evil blog :P
    Keep it up, you have some catching up to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why this time of the day is called the Golden Hour, and shooting at this time of the day is the most fun you can have - the sun starts setting ridiculously quickly, your aperture needs to be opened more and more every few seconds, the shot you need just has to be taken, and everything looks just so beautiful that you don't want to miss anything - such a heady rush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and - Cynical Boy's angsty blog could be your arch enemy - and since we're talking Superhero lingo these days - you both can be the good Spidey and the black, mean Spidey. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's called Venom, But in the spirit of Valentine's I could also be the Red evil spidey- Carnage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seee? Now you understand the logic behind different profile pictures depending on the mood/season/occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I not get e-mails about these comments? I just saw.

    Thanks, I guess?

    And GK, bring it on! :)

    ReplyDelete