Saturday, April 9, 2011

23 Things to Do Before 23

I've recently been hearing, thinking and talking (A LOT!) about how I don't act my age. I'm 22 and don't really do the run-of-the-mill crazy things that others my age do. Some like to kid, that I was born a 35 year old. The issue is not that I regret being like this, it actually, really doesn't bother me. I like it this way :)

So, I'm turning 23 in 4 months and 10 days, and 23 is quite grown up! To make it a more fruitful birthday, than others (even though I love birthdays and the celebration(s) really need no substantiation) I've decided to make a list of things that I want to get done before my birthday. A list of 23, to be precise. They may not be your everyday, regular 22-yr old's resolutions. But, like I said, I'm not a regular 22-year old, hence the difference in priorities and modes of fun. Suggestions welcome, though :)


23 THINGS TO DO BEFORE 23


1. Visit a gorgeous beach
2. Read at least 10-15 books [that I've never read before]
3. Take lots of gorgeous pictures, and start a photo-blog.
4. Put my love for fashion, to use.
5. Start REALLY working out and lose weight by then.
6. Do a photo shoot with friends
7. Do something that is outside of my comfort zone.
8. Learn how to play the guitar
9. Start a scrapbook for my restaurant and have a tentative POA
10. Start investing
11. Give mom and dad at least 3 reasons to be super proud.
12. Pay more attention to myself
13. Hug my parents 1,000 times
14. Buy more pretty dresses and bags.
15. Watch classics (viz. The Godfather Movies)
16. Learn how to cook more stuff 
17. Volunteer at People for Animals
18. Dance A LOT
19. Start playing a sport
20. Have an awesome party (pre-birthday)
21. Make everyone I love, feel loved.
22. Go back to being an impractical present-giver
23. Dance and laugh. Everyday.

7 comments:

  1. I like! :)
    And, just for the record - I said you were born 30, not 35. :-D
    And, so was I - which means that I meant this in the nicest best-est way possible. I like us!
    And, you're right - you aren't a regular 22-year old.
    Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you! That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, I think :)

    Also, it was taken in the nicest way possible. Any comparison to you, is a compliment, for me :) Like I said, I like being this way. We are super cool :)

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT volunteer at PFA!! Details in private!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! i totally love the list..its super kool :)) and i would love to see u fulfill all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marry me, Jess. Or at least count me in for 1, 2, 4, 15, and 17. Oh, and I am investing in your restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kriti: Thank you! :D

    @Som: Super-gigantic-huge YAY! Counted in, madame :) And I'm gonna take you up on that investment offer. Hopefully, soon :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the gift giving bit!
    gimme gimme :P
    haha

    ReplyDelete