Monday, June 6, 2011

Being a grown up.

I've been surprising myself this past month. I've realized a lot of new things about myself just by spending so much time with, well, myself. And it's quite fun, honestly. I'm an out-and-out people's person and whenever I meet someone, I want to know everything about them and I put a lot of time and effort and getting to know people and figuring out what they're about. And I really enjoy the process! So this month, was about meeting 22-year old me.

Embarrassing as it may be, one of the things I realized were that my optimism tends to border on sillyness and impracticality. My restaurant plans, for example, have been deferred to 5 or maybe even 10 years from now and resilience demands that I make my peace with that and I have. The cooking and baking, however, shan't stop even though only friends and family may be subjected to it. So, just to let everyone know, the restaurant isn't happening yet and I'm fine :)

To justify the title of the post, this whole process of putting my dream on hold and making decisions that were tough, to say the least, has made me re-prioritize and really think about what I want and what path I've been on all my life. 

My idea of growing up, however, isn't the conventional definition. Like a friend recently said, 'growing up is over-rated'. I agree. And which is why I suggest none of us take it as seriously as we do. I have a life plan. A picture of how I see myself 5-6 years from now, and every decision I make today and in the near future, should logically lead me to that picture. That's where the grown-up-ness ends. Growing up doesn't mean not having fun, not taking risks, not being who we really are. One of my closest friends in the world keeps telling me, 'you can't plan out your whole life on paper', and it's true. There is such a thing as destiny, luck and things being 'meant to be'. 

Anyhow, the point of this post was to try to pen (or type) down my mental-state which is clearly super muddle-headed. But I shall soon emerge with some clarity. Till then, I'm really enjoying this phase.

2 comments:

  1. VERY INTERESTING AND POSITIVE APPROACH TO LIFE.... BEST WISHES FOR UR FUTURE ENDEAVOUR

    YOGESH JETHI

    ReplyDelete